Please join me for an interactive and supportive 8-week class for individuals working with anxiety. I have developed this curriculum over the past 10 years helping individuals with anxiety and depression. In addition to mindfulness and compassion based practices, the class also incorporates cognitive behavioral techniques. These approaches have been empirically shown to significantly reduce the experience of anxiety and to improve quality of life.
Tuesdays, October 13 – December 8 (no class November 24) from 6:30-8:45pm. Retreat Day December 5, 2015
This class will contain a combination of guided meditations and imagery, therapeutic exercises, gentle yoga and supportive discussions all relevant to the experience of anxiety. There will also be weekly homework designed to help integrate and extend the benefits of the class teachings.
Participants will also learn:
- The neuroscience behind anxiety, mindfulness and compassion and its practical applications
- Self care and compassion based practices specifically designed for the anxious mind
- Mindfulness tools and meditations to facilitate more calmness and less reactivity
- How to work with difficult thoughts and emotions
- How to integrate mindfulness into your daily life
Please click here for more information and to register. You can also contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.